Service Directive 2006/123 EC
In December 2006, the Service Directive (2006/123/EC) about services in the internal European market was implemented by the European Parliament.
It is the aim of the Service Directive to remove administrative barriers in regard of the access and exercise of services in Europe.
In Thuringia the Ministry for Economy, Labour and Technology is responsible for the coordination of the realisation of the Service Directive 2006/123/EC.
Thuringian Ministry for Economy, Labour and Technology
Thüringer Ministerium für Wirtschaft, Arbeit und Technologie
Main requirements of the Services Directive 2006/123 EC
- The field of application of the point of single contact is to support service providers with the handling of all necessary procedures and formalities in regard of setting up their business.
- Right to information: Information has to be provided by the point of single contact to the service providers with easy access and electronically – without the need to contact the authorities personally.
- Electronic proceeding: Procedures and formalities can be handled via the point of single contact or the competent authorities by electronic means.
- Immediate handling of permits and formalities within a fixed period of time
- Simplification of administrative procedures